- Log in to Control Panel (Click here for instructions on how to Log in).
- Click ‘Applications’ -tab.
- Applications archive allows you to install applications, preinstalled to server, to your own diskspace.
- With these applications you can create:
- Homepages with web-based content management applications, such as WordPress, Joomla, Drupal.
- Online shops, with OsCommerce, CubeCart, Magento
- Or, say, image gallery with Gallery.
- However, in order to use applications archive, database support is required.
- Applications available in archive are common open source -applications ( e.g. WordPress, Joomla, Drupal ).
NOTE! The applications in archive are not necessarily latest versions.
- In ‘All Available Applications ‘ -tab you’ll find all available categories, explore applications by clicking the category.
- You can also search for specific application with ‘Show Search’ -button.
- After finding a desired application, you can install it with ‘Install’ -button.
- When installing an application, it will as default extend the install path with its name e.g. ‘www.yourdomain.fi/wordpress’. However, if you wish the application to open in frontpage (www.yourdomain.fi), remove extension from path.
NOTE! After you have installed an application, learning to use it and managing happens with manufacturers guides and support sites. Please note that we cannot offer support for third party open source -applications.
- If you wish to remove an application, always do it through control panel in ‘Applications → Manage Installed Applications.’ -section
- Here you can see a list of installed applications. You can remove an application with ‘Remove Installation’ -button.
- Applications installed trough Applications should never be removed by only deleting the files from server ( for example with FTP-client ). Applications removed like this will not uninstall but only will break the application.
Basic functions in Webhotel control panel
- How to log in to control panel
- How to choose a domain to configure and control panel frontpage
- Users (Control panel)
- Websites Domains (Control panel)
- Mail (Control panel)
- Applications (Control panel)
- Statistics (Control panel)
- Account (Control panel)
- How to change passwords (Webmail) (Control panel)
- How to log out of control panel
Other functions in Webhotel control panel
- How to transfer your web pages to the server
- Web statistics of your website
- How to create and delete databases
- How to protect directories with a password
- How to configure DNS-settings
- How to change FTP-account username and password