How to transfer your web pages to the server
NOTE! The homefolder of domain is ‘httpdocs/‘. Web pages must be located in this folder.
Also the frontpage must be named ‘index.’, e.g. ‘index.html’, or ‘index.php’ written in lowercase.
Transferring pages to server with control panel
- Log in to Control Panel (Click here for instructions on how to Log in).
- If you have subscribed several domains, all linked to one account ( i.e. administrator ), choose domain from ‘Subscription’ -menu.
- Click ‘Websites & Domains’ -tab and click ‘File Manager’.
- Click the name of desired folder. Homefolder is ‘/httpdocs’
- Click ‘Add New File’ -button.
- Click ‘Browse’ and browse files from your computer.
- Finally click ‘OK’.
Transferring pages to server with FTP-client
- Web pages can also be transferred to server with FTP-client.
- For Windows -operating system a great choice is for example WinSCP, which is downloadable for free at: http://winscp.net/eng/index.php
- Open WinSCP and click ‘New’.
- Set following settings for program:
- Choose from ‘File protocol’ -dropdown list ‘FTP’
- Host name: ftp.yourdomain.com
- Port number: ’21’
- User name: your personal FTP -username
- Password: your personal FTP-password
- Finally click ‘Login’, or save information by clicking ‘Save…’
Transferring web pages with web design program
- For example, Adobe Dreamweaver has FTP-file transfer function, with which you can transfer your pages to server.
- FTP -settings for these kind of programs should be set as done above with WinSCP. Server path is ‘httpdocs/’.
Basic functions in Webhotel control panel
- How to log in to control panel
- How to choose a domain to configure and control panel frontpage
- Users (Control panel)
- Websites Domains (Control panel)
- Mail (Control panel)
- Applications (Control panel)
- Statistics (Control panel)
- Account (Control panel)
- How to change passwords (Webmail) (Control panel)
- How to log out of control panel
Other functions in Webhotel control panel
- How to transfer your web pages to the server
- Web statistics of your website
- How to create and delete databases
- How to protect directories with a password
- How to configure DNS-settings
- How to change FTP-account username and password