Programming languages (e.g. PHP, Perl, Python)
- With serverbased programming languages it is possible to execute different kinds of dynamic web pages.
- If you are going to install such applications you should consider few things:
- Always install the latest possible version for effiency and security.
- Follow instructions provided by manufacturers.
- If instructions demand deleting files after installation, remember to do so.
- Be particularly careful with such things like timing of scheduled tasks!
Support for programming languages and script folders
- Our ‘Silver, Gold, Platinum ja Titanium’ -webhotel services include both CGI-script and PHP support.
- CGI-scripts,like Perl and Python are to be located in cgi-bin folder. Script-files must end either with ‘.cgi’ or ‘.pl’.
- PHP-scripts are to be located in ‘httpdocs/’ -directory and must end with ‘.php’.
Basic functions in Webhotel control panel
- How to log in to control panel
- How to choose a domain to configure and control panel frontpage
- Users (Control panel)
- Websites Domains (Control panel)
- Mail (Control panel)
- Applications (Control panel)
- Statistics (Control panel)
- Account (Control panel)
- How to change passwords (Webmail) (Control panel)
- How to log out of control panel
Other functions in Webhotel control panel
- How to transfer your web pages to the server
- Web statistics of your website
- How to create and delete databases
- How to protect directories with a password
- How to configure DNS-settings
- How to change FTP-account username and password