How to configure DNS-settings
NOTE! For the changes to apply, it might take from few hours to a day, depending on users/visitors Domain Name Server.
- Log in to Control Panel (Click here for instructions on how to Log in).
- In control panels ‘Websites and Domains’ -tab, you’ll find a list of all domais linked with your account. Click ‘[Manage]’ next to domain you want to make changes in.
- This list displays all the selected domain DNS records. Clicking the name of record allows you to modify its settings.
- With the record A, a plain language address is connected to numeric IP-address, so that people can access the IP-address the site is located in, with the domain ( e.g. www.domain.com).
- If you have to modify the record A, firstly choose the record to modify following the previous instructions and make the changes to the form.
- ‘Domain name’ -field should only be filled if subaddress has its own IP-address. It is not to be filled if the record A is primary addresses IP-field.
- With MX records you can define mail servers which receive mail dedicated to a certain address.
- After you have, using previous instructions, moved to desired record to modify, you can make changes to the form.
- ‘Mail domain’ -field allows you to define of which domain incoming mail is received, so that if e-mail addresses are in form of email@example.com the field is left blank
- If, however, it is like firstname.lastname@example.org, in the field should be defined the subdomain, in this case ‘sales’.
- ‘Mail exchange server’ -field must be assigned with incoming mail server address, in which selected domains mail is forwarded to be dealt with.
- The last one is a dropdown list to set priority for email servers priority. The smaller number the bigger the priority. Priority only matter if you have assigned several mail servers for same domain.
Basic functions in Webhotel control panel
- How to log in to control panel
- How to choose a domain to configure and control panel frontpage
- Users (Control panel)
- Websites Domains (Control panel)
- Mail (Control panel)
- Applications (Control panel)
- Statistics (Control panel)
- Account (Control panel)
- How to change passwords (Webmail) (Control panel)
- How to log out of control panel
Other functions in Webhotel control panel
- How to transfer your web pages to the server
- Web statistics of your website
- How to create and delete databases
- How to protect directories with a password
- How to configure DNS-settings
- How to change FTP-account username and password