How to delete old messages with filters in Thunderbird
- A quick way to delete old or automatic messages like spam or calendar-notifications
- You can specify action for example in specific folder or sender
NOTE! A filter created with this example will permanently delete all messages which are received before the selected date!
Creating a filter
- Open the application menu by clicking the three stacked lines and click ‘Message Filters…’
- Make sure, that ‘Filters for:’ has your address selected and click ‘New…’
- Name filter, e.g. Remove by Date.
- Choose from ‘Subject’ -dropdown list: ‘Date’.
- From next dropdown list choose whether you want to delete messages before or after selected date.
- In the next field write date you want to use.
- Select from under the ‘Perform these actions:’ -title ‘Delete Message’.
- Finally click ‘OK’ -button.
Editing Message Filters
- If you want to edit the date of the event, click ‘Edit…’ -button.
- Edit the date and click ‘OK’ -button.
- How to log in to Webmail
- How to send an e-mail and e-mail attachments (Webmail)
- Where to find sent-folder and how to create a new folder (Webmail)
- How to filter messages (Webmail)
- How to delete an e-mail (Webmail)
- Address book (Webmail)
- How to create a new calendar event (Webmail)
- Vacation autoreply (Webmail)
- How to access e-mail with Mozilla Thunderbird
- How to create a new folder and filter messages to folders (Mozilla Thunderbird)
- How to delete old messages by date (Mozilla Thunderbird)
Microsoft Outlook Express
- How to access e-mail with Outlook Express
- How to create a new folder (Outlook Express)
- How to filter messages to folders (Outlook Express)